Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hearts and Mountains

It's been awhile since we've had a 'test' blog post.

So I was ordered to have an EKG done by my doctor. One of the chemo drugs I got (doxorubicin) is a bastard when it comes to your heart. So I'm at higher risk for heart issues and blah blah blah.

Well, the intense neuropathy set off warning bells for her so she ordered an EKG. At first I was like, eh whatever.

But then the more I started thinking about it I got all freaked out.

"What if they find a tumor in there?! What if my heart is broken? What if my heart is black like my soul?" 

Okay that last question doesn't make sense. Or does it? Don't answer that.

And plus it was extra sad to realize that I didn't have Risa along with me for this test like she was for my first EKG. <3

So how do I deal with stress? By taking selfies with things in the procedure rooms that I probably shouldn't be touching.


Nothing too exciting to see here. Just looks like a 90's video game. Hey doc, does this thing have Pac Man?

So just when I was thinking there wasn't much opportunity for a funny blog posts: I saw this.


Bahahahha. That looks so gross. I mean I've had a baby, I've seen ultrasound gel before but I never got to look at it. 


Then I smelled it (I don't know why I do these things I do) an it just smelled funky. Does ultrasound gel expire? Or does it age well over time like a fine wine?

Hahaha well whatever, the test was long and anxiety inducing. The tech was super aware of all the triggers it was giving me and kept quizzing me about CSU and teaching so that helped keep my mind off of it.

I got my results back already (online and fast!) and it came back normal. 

Phew!!!!

So now we're off this weekend to finally go on a trip with the Live by Living organization. Adrian and I are spending two days and one night buried in the mountains.

'The mountains are calling and I must go.'

We spend today hiking, eating, and then ending with a campfire. Tomorrow we go on another hike and eat before we depart. 

This is the cabin we will be staying at:


Sigh. So pretty!! The aspens are at peak colors too so it will be beautiful. And how wonderful for us to meet other survivors and their families! To be surrounded by people that get it.

Mountains, here we come!





No comments:

Post a Comment