Sunday, May 31, 2015

Last time getting the Neulasta shot!

Ah, what a wonderful week of 'last' moments. Just had my last Neulasta shot at the hospital! I hate that shot- it stings and burns so it's pretty exciting for that to be the LAST one. Wooohoo!!

For those that don't know: the Neulasta shot boots my white blood cell production so that the chemo doesn't make me super prone to infetction. Even though it causes tons of bone pain (from all that bone marrow excitement) it's a pretty good thing to get. 

Since I'm here I'm getting a little boost of fluids and Zofran (anti-nausea) so that will tide me over until I get (more- yeesh) fluids tomorrow. 


The skin around my eyes is all ouchy (you might be able to see how red it is in this picture) but I'm trying to be good and not rub it. Lost another few eyelashes today- found them floating around in my eyeball so that was sad and painful. BUT they'll come back. Thank the lucky stars that my eyebrows are still hanging out. I willl tell ya, I won't miss not having leg hair but oh well. That can take its time growing back. 

I'm just excited to get all this friggen tape off my chest from holding the needle in place!! After the fluids are done I'm going to tell them to get this darn needle out of me so I can roll around and take a bath and just feel awesome. 

I'm not feeling too junky yet so I'm really, really hoping I won't be too sick after this round. Maybe knowing that once I feel better I'll STAY better will help. Mind over matter? Hey, I can try.

The mouth sores are already starting though so that's a bummer. I'm trying to eat everything I can before they get too bad. 

So that's all- one more FINAL moment to check off the list. This next week will be a lot of blood work and fluids. Then the week after that more blood work and then the PET scan! 

Wooo, wooo, wooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment