Monday, May 4, 2015

CT Scan

Well here it is!! The image from the CT scan!


See that where the mouse cursor is?

Yup, I don't see anything either.

NO MORE TUMOR. After just four treatments it is completely gone!!!

Talk about some fast acting chemotherapy. Guess that's why they pump you full of it. This type of treatment has a high success rate so this is no surprise. But it's still awesome to see. I was so overcome by all these emotions (all these weird FEELS) when they showed me this I just cried. I'm not a crier either. I didn't even cry when I was diagnosed. This horrible thing that has invaded my life is GONE.

Just for funsies here is a picture of what it looked like before (from a different angle):


Cya you little malignant jerk! 

BUT we still have two more treatments to go. He's turning the dose down on this next one so we don't have more needed blood transfusions again. This type of chemotherapy treamtent calls for six rounds so we have to do them all. There could be one little cancer cell lurking around and we don't want to have any recurrences.

Sucks because it's almost going to be harder going through these next two considering I know the tumor is gone. Was hoping for a 'okay you're all done!' but just have to hang in there. Less than a month until my LAST chemo treatment which is good.

So here we go on round five tomorrow morning! At least no more hospital- just outpatient chemo for me! I'll go get my first dose, my premeds, and off to home I go with my nifty pump. 

And everyone cross their fingers for me that I don't get the mouth sores too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment