Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day Five and LAST DAY OF CHEMOTHERAPY!

I am so stoked to be sharing this news with y'all. Today is my LAST AND FINAL DAY OF CHEMOTHERAPY.

Yes. The last day. The last horrah. After this day I can eagerly wait for my body to return back to normal. 

So exciting! 

I'm all checked into the hospital (since the chemo clinic is closed on Saturdays that's why my last infusion will take place here) and I'm just waiting for them to start things up.

I had about two hours left in my big portable chemo bag when we got here so had to finish that and they will run a big bag of fluids along with that and once that's done they will give my pre-meds (Zofran and hydrocortisone) and run the FINAL bag of Cytoxan. Yes. The final one. I can't stop saying it- it's so exciting!

In honor of the occasion I brought Grumpy Cat with me.


Grumpy cat has been here since the beginning so it's only fit he's here for the end result. I also got a lovely picture with Sue, one of the hospital nurses, that has been amazing throughout the times I got chemotherapy in the hospital. 


I'm bummed I didn't get a picture with Nancy (I'll have to come visit sometime Nancy so we can get that picture!) so we'll have to do that another time. Hopefully on happy, healthy terms when I just pop in for a visit. :)

As I'm writing this (I took a break in between) I'm getting my last infusion of chemo-the Cytoxan. This thing is always a little bastard but it's nice to know it's the last time I'll have to get it! It always makes me feel really head rushed. 

But horrah for FINAL CHEMO DAY. Risa brought treats and we did some fun selfies. So enjoy our amazing camera results:

Cancer slayer!

Cheers!!

Take that cancer!

Cancer kicking ass cookies!
So that's it. The final and sixth round is done. Done, done, done. I know I'm going to feel like crap this next week but at least I know when I start feeling better I will STAY feeling better. My hair will start growing back. My eyelashes. I can get my port removed. Oh, all the happy things. I'll keep everyone posted on this post-chemo recovery, results, port removal, and survival recovery. So don't worry, I'll keep writing. I'm not done yet. :)

But you know what I am done with? CHEMO!!! 


YAHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment