Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all my readers out there!

And a big Happy Mother's Day to my number one reader: my mother! She has been my rock during this cancer diagnosis and has been there every step of the way. Thank you mom- I couldn't have done this without you.

We had an eventful day yesterday. It was my LAST day of my fifth treatment of chemotherapy. We finished off the pump (with my three drug cocktail) around mid afternoon and had the finishing touch of Cytoxan. That Cytoxan sucks- it always makes me feel like junk after. But at the bright side- that is one more treatment down!


Fifth treatment down and just one more to go!

Before we went to the hospital we stopped at the Pink Heals birthday celebration in Two Rivers. They are that wonderful organization (that many of you should think of volunteering or donating if you ever have the time- they are great) that helped me out with some bills a month or so ago. I got to sign the firetruck (Colton,) Adrian got balloon animals, and he got to see the pink firefighters. It's nice to have such great organizations and levels of support when you're going through cancer.



Today has been a great Mother's Day so far. We went out for brunch with my brother. Adrian got me some incredible gifts- home made plant from 4K, card, a fuschia plant, and a beautiful necklace. Thanks Grandma for taking him shopping to spoil his momma. Here's his handmade card, how adorable is this?


I'm sure if I actually weighed 18lbs we'd have a problem but I'm suprised he got my age right! What a sweetheart.

The side effects have been a bit rough today which is a bummer considering it's a holiday. But I battle through and you learn to cope. There's always the list of side effects to go through after treatment. The dizziness, the naseua, the bone pain, the mouth sores. Just down the list. But at least I know what to expect. Just one more treatment to go!

And since it's Mother's Day, I just want to say I don't know if I could have done this battle as strongly if I weren't a mom. Every time I've felt scared, helpless, or was in so much pain I always think of Adrian and how I have to be strong for him. It always gets me through. Being a mom has made me such a strong person. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment