Thursday, June 4, 2015

Yucky side effects...

Well, now that the chemotherapy is over with it's time for the fun part: recovery.

I'm so happy that was my last round because at this point I'm feeling so sick I'm not sure I could have handled another round. I mean, I'm sure I could have but geez no thanks.

Six rounds of chemotherapy in my system at this point- no wonder I feel like garbage.

So far we've had every side effect amplified ten times over.

Mouth sores.
Fatigue. 
Nausea. 
Bone pain. 
Sores in the nose. 
Dizziness. 

I'm on my third round of fluids this week and I think I'll come back for more tomorrow. Might as well get as many as possible to wash this crap out of me. 

I've been on an antibiotic so that's good because this weekend is my 'nadir' point. Have to be careful I don't catch any infections. Hopefully by next week I will feel back to normal. 

So far we're in day five post-chemo. I have at least five more crappy days to go until I start feeling better. 

It will happen. It will get there. Day by day it will get easier. Right now it feels like a lifetime before I feel normal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment