Friday, June 5, 2015

Trashy reality TV and more fluids...

Today is a better day- I'm still feeling icky BUT not as icky as yesterday. Day by day we're crawling to the finish line. I was able to sing Taylor Swift this morning to Adrian and mortify him so that is more back to our normal routine. Was able to do a few piggy back rides around the house without feeling too exhausted so that's another huge step.

My little boy has gone through so much the past few months. Seeing his mom battle cancer hasn't been fun. He's so happy to know that mom's hair is going to grow back, that she is going to be all 'fixed,' and that life will return to our normal routine. I've tried to shield him from most of this but he loves his momma and it's hard for him not to notice that things have been different. I told him my hair was going to grow back and now every day he checks my head to see the stubble (which there is some there!!!) and check the progress. 

My blood pressure has returned to normal today which I'm sure has something to do with the fact I'm feeling a bit better. Getting my bag of fluids before the weekend to help boost me. Nothing improves with dehydration. Or so they tell me. I've become addicted to Bravo reality TV shows this week. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

The downside is that my mouth and tongue are covered in sores. It hurts pretty bad. Don't know what it looks like to have mouth sores? Don't worry. I've got you covered. Check out my tongue. 


See the whiteness of it? That's the sores. They look white. Part of it is a thrush (which until chemo I thought only babies got) and part of it is sores. 

And the irony of it all is all I crave right now is sour candy and pickles (sometimes chemo cravings are soooo similiar to pregnancy) and I can't have them.

I am managing to choke down other food though so no worries. Hopefully this will be my last week of fluids and then we just have to keep doing the blood work twice a week until my PET scan. 

After the PET scan we can take this damn port out. I hate this thing. I get the usage of it but I just want it out of my body!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment