Thursday, June 11, 2015

Feeling good!

Sorry I did a vanish on everyone!!

After that last blog post I hit two days of pure feeling like crap, mouth sores, bone pain, HELL. And then on Sunday I woke up feeling like normal.

Maybe not totally normal but feeling BETTER.

And then by Monday, I was feeling even better than that.

And so on, and so on.

All my mouth sores are gone. My bone pain is gone. I stopped taking (YAY!) all my anti-nausea and pain medication. I now am officially only on vitamins. Which is thrilling for me. No pills for breakfast anymore!

I can tell that my energy level and muscles are still pretty weak. But I'm not letting that stop me. Yesterday we walked along the river, went for lunch and went to the water park. Just going to fling myself into the way I lived life before and I figure my body and muscles will catch up.

And I've already lost some of the weight I gained (or thought I gained- might have just been puffy from fluids!) which is sweet.

I bought some fancy scalp stuff at the salon to hep stimulate my hair follicles. I have some stubble but not much else. Doing everything I can to help the process along. From what I've read it can take 4-6 weeks so it probably won't be until July before I have any fuzz going on. I'll update the blog on that process.

But thank goodness my eyebrows remained intact through all this. I didn't lose all of my eyelashes but I did lose about half.

Still have to go for blood work twice a week until my PET scan next week. The PET scan is on the 20th and my results are on the 22nd. I'll be sure to update for that. And then we'll take my port out! WOOHOO!

My blog posts might become a bit less now. I have to work on packing (which we're halfway there!) enjoy the company of all my Manitowoc friends and family, and have a blast with Adrian to make up to him all those weeks of his mommy not feeling good.

So until this PET scan and final surgery I'm going to keep living life. I don't want to waste a single moment. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment