Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Big Post of Love!

I have been majorly slacking on my blog! Don't worry everyone- everything is okay. I had a wicked case of mouth sores caused by the chemo after this past treatment and that caused me pure misery. I couldn't eat anything except broth and it was horrible. I love food. Now that they're better I plan on gorging myself on pizza!!

Seriously, those mouth sores made me feel like hell and I just couldn't bring myself to write. They pumped me full of extra fluids to make up for the days I didn't eat and now that they're healing everything is A-OK. 

Those mouth sores are horrible. I don't think there is anything worse than oral pain. Thank goodness those have cleared up. 

I start round four on Monday- over halfway through!! I'll post more details on that in a next post (in a timely fashion) since my next treatments won't be in the hospital! They'll do a CAT scan after this next treatment (like right before the 5th one) so we'll see the progress in more detail than the X-Ray showed.

But first Adrian and I would like to say: 


To everyone that has been helping me through this battle. It really is true when they say that no one fights alone!

I went to visit UW-Manitowoc yesterday and I was overwhelmed by how much the campus community is doing to help me and my family during this fight. Seriously, my heart could just explode it feels so much love. This email should be sent out via the campus system but I'm sharing it on here too. <3

To the wonderful UW-Manitowoc community:


I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I came by campus today to visit and I was overwhelmed by the level of support I received. It absolutely means the world to me to see the fundraising for my family during this difficult time. Thank you Student Senate, the Learning Center, and everyone else that has donated money/bought a bracelet. And of course, thank you to everyone for thinking of me and those that have donated to my GoFundMe account.
Battling cancer can be a lonely journey and at times you can lose your faith in the world for being dealt such a horrible hand. Seeing how much everyone on campus has come together to help me during this time has really made me appreciate how beautiful humanity can be. I have always loved being a part of the UW-Manitowoc community since I first started school. We really have something special on this campus. Time and again I have always recommended this school to any prospective student. I will never forget what you all are doing for me right now. This amount of support and love is just one of the many ways that makes our campus unique and awesome.
Thank you all. It means the world to me to know that I have your support in this fight.

Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say my heart might explode. I love you guys. Those bracelets are awesome. I miss you all!

I also want to take the time to thank an awesome nurse from Aurora hospital named Nancy. She was super sweet (as were many of them) during my last chemotherapy stay there. On one of my last days she asked to take a picture of me (just the way I am now- no wigs) to show my bravery. Today I came home to find this beautiful framed picture in my doorway:


Again, with the heart exploding. Thank you Nancy- I wish I had a way to contact you but I know some of the nurses know about my blog so maybe you will see this. I love it and I will definitely remember my strength when this is all said and done.

I also want to thank this awesome chick: 


My dear Alicia... for coming once a week since I have started treatment simply just to help with cleaning. I owe you big time after this Lucious. I'll come clean your house every time you get sick for like ever! (Side note: putting a bald picture next to a picture with all my hair is really shocking to look at)

As always with these treatments my last few days before the next one is when I finally feel "totally" normal with absolutely no side effects. It's fabulous. I'm going to enjoy my last few days before the next treatment comes along.

I'll use that time to work on catching my blog up to speed. And with any post that focuses on specific groups of people- that's not exclusive. I love and thank you that have been my rocks during this time. <3

In other big life exciting news I got my cap and gown yesterday for graduation. I think I deserve a life sized man in a kilt as a present for graduating while I'm battling cancer. 

Oh, they don't give men in kilts as presents? That might be a bit objectifying. 

How about this guy? I'll marry him and treat him like my sun and stars.


So just so you guys know, he's what I want for my graduation present. It'd be more helpful if he came out of a cake dancing. Yup, get on that.

So onward to enjoy my last few days of feeling like my old self before the next round of poison sets in!

No comments:

Post a Comment