Saturday, April 18, 2015

One more round complete!

Outpatient chemo went great! One more round under my belt with minimal reactions. The last chemo drug they run pretty fast so that gave me a head rush yesterday but they gave me something for it and I started feeling better. I had that done right in the clinic which was probably a good idea.

So far the side effects are right on schedule but let's hope the mouth sores won't be as bad this time. Just the bone pain right now but no extreme nasuea yet. Got my bone marrow 'boost' shot today at the hospital and that went well. Going to go back tomorrow for some fluids just for a pick me up. The sweet nurse there told me that fluids are the key to try to combat those so I'm forcing myself to chug Sprite. 

Maybe I need some of you kids to come play some drinking games with me. Moose? Circle of death? It's hard to drink fluids. I just don't want to but I'm trying. I'll be a good girl and go get some tomorrow.

I have grumpy cat to remind me. Kinda. He's not the most reliable. 


I'm so excited for graduation! I have my tan appointment (all natural spray tan- no worries, guys) and mani/pedi all scheduled. I am just hoping and hoping that I will be feeling good on graduation day. Please, chemo, give me this one thing. I just want to feel GOOD the day they hand me my degree that I have busted my butt off all these years for. I just want that good day. 

I started planning on what I'm going to decorate my graduation cap with and I have some ideas but I'm having a hard time pinning it down. I thought about doing the quote from that Maya Angelou poem, "Still I Rise" and having some type of English major theme but also incorporate the lymphoma ribbon onto it. Anyone have any cool artsy ideas for me on that? 

So another round down! Just anxiously planning graduation which is good for keeping my spirits up. It's something to look forward to. Just wish the day wasn't tainted by all this medical jumbo but you can only do what you can do in life. Take what comes and just deal with it. No sense crying about it.

I've been thinking a lot about my grandma lately. She passed away of breast cancer when I was in my early 20's and unfortunately I was out of state during her fight. My mom's told me quite a few times that I remind her of how grandma was during this. It just makes me feel good to hear that. My grandma was a tough cookie and I'm glad that I'm living up to that awesome Gargac name in this fight. 

My sister is here right now from Colorado which is great. The more family support I have right now the better. Adrian's in heaven and it's so nice to have her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment