Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fluid Day!

I've been lax on updating this week! 

Well round three of chemotherapy is done. Now we're just dealing with the side effects while we wait for round four. Getting there one step at a time!

The side effects have been a bit more brutal on me this time. The nasuea this week has been brutal but today I finally started feeling more normal. Having a bit of bone pain, mouth sores, and dehydration ontop of it though. But I get by. Had my appointment for bloodwork and fluids today and that should help perk me up for the weekend. I just can't wait until this is all over with and I feel normal again!

I love the Cancer Clinic- they are just simply wonderful. I told the nurse I was hungry and she brought me soup, applesauce, and cereal bars at top speed. 

Another wonderful group that I would like to mention is Pink Heals. They came through the clinic today in their pink gear and gave us all hugs and kind words. It really is a great group. If you don't know much about them check out their Facebook page! They help women, men, and children with cancer throughout Manitowoc county. They are having a fundraiser in May to celebrate their pink firetruck- I'll post a link later on when I get to a regular computer. 

I'm getting excited to graduate with my Bachelor's in May! Next week I'll purchase my cap and gown so I am pretty stoked about that. I have to start thinking of ideas of what to decorate my cap with. I might have to incorporate this little cancer road bump onto it. After all, I am pretty awesome for managing to keep my head above water with school while battling cancer. And getting A's while I do it!

Just goes to show, don't mess with me. 

They left me alone with the medical equipment today, oh boy look at this needle!


Isn't that thing huge? That's the needle they use to access the port that is in my chest. So basically for blood work, fluids, chemotherapy- everything. I get stabbed (well, they're more gentle than that) with one of those at least three times a week. When I'm getting my chemo it stays in the whole time which is nicer than getting repoked. I never realized how big that needle was until today when I looked at it and saw how large it was. Yikes! 

The nurses here are like magicians with it though- I barely ever feel it when they access it so that's always good. You just have to try not to think about it. 

Honestly, after this I'm going to be one tough cookie when it comes to medical business. 

So that's my update for today- sorry for the delay! My dad's in town from Colorado so we've been spending a lot of time with him and his girlfriend, Sue. It's great to have more family around! I can't wait until my sister comes for my next treatment too. All the extra support is wonderful right now. 

Until next time! 

(Still waiting for Dr. McHottie to call me from Baycare but I think he forgot about me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment