Sunday, April 12, 2015

Last weekend of feeling totally normal!

Phew. I lied to you all about keeping up with the blog. In all honesty I have been enjoying this nice weather with my kiddo because I have been feeling GOOD the past few days. Almost back to normal!

And the irony, as always: just in time to go back to chemotherapy tomorrow. Of course. Makes it harder to deal with because you start feeling like a regular human again and then you know you have to start the process of misery all over again.

But that misery is killing the cancer. We want it nice and dead. So I will remain optimistic. Maybe this round won't be as bad as the last one was.

Today me and the munchkin had some epic adventures around town to enjoy my last day of feeling like my old self.


Love this little boy. Every second I feel good I make sure to spend with him and taking him to do as many fun things as we can squeeze in. He's a happy camper today.

And he's going to be even more happy now that mom doesn't have to go to the hospital anymore. 

My wig sure is awesome but one thing I learned today: wind is NOT my friend with that wig on. It stays on good but it gets so tangled up. Just like your real hair would but you can't just yank your fingers through it. If you do that you can break your wig or rip it off your head. Which might incidentally make you the talking point of the playground.

Wigs are great and all but they sure aren't easy. But they do help boost my spirits up when I wear them so I find it worthwhile. But I can easily see why many women skip them and stick to hats. Much more comfy.

So that's all for now kids. Tomorrow we'll have some exciting updates to see how out-patient chemotherapy works! Probably spend most of the morning at the clinic before they release me but they have cozy warm blankets and super doting nurses there so it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment