Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Recovery time- yoga pants and mouth sores.

Sorry again for the lack of updates kids! My sister was here from Colorado so was having some quality family bonding while she was at my house. Adrian loved having her here- it was so nice to see her. Yesterday my energy level was doing good so we took Adrian to the children's museum which he loved. Nothing makes me happier than doing 'family' things. I got a bit winded with all those stairs but otherwise did okay. Here's some pictures of our awesome exercusion: 

 

That museum is awesome- if you have kids, take them there. Feeling pretty worn out today from all the walking but I think it's good to force yourself to do fun things while going through treatment. Even if you feel like poop. 

But of course, like always, one side effect is replaced with another. Having another painful round of mouth sores again. They're all over my tongue, on my cheeks, on the roof of my mouth. Basically everywhere. They're not as bad (yet) as they were last time so I'm hoping and hoping they don't get to that point. I already can't eat anything except mashed potatoes and pudding which sucks. I want pizza!! 

It's hard not to be grumpy when I get these. They really are not fun. Not that I thought recovering from chemo would be fun but I had no idea mouth sores were part of the equation. Who would of thought? At least I'm not vomitting. That's the one side effect I haven't had much with all this chemo.  

It's getting close to graduation time! Which means finals! My finals shouldn't be too rough since this is my last semester. I should finish out my time at UW-Green Bay with a 4.0 which is great. I can't help but brag on that. Who says you can't live your life while battling cancer? Nothing is stopping me from getting my bachelor's when I'm this close. My prints came for graduation in the mail and I must say they're looking nice:


Those gowns make you look like a giant black tent but otherwise I think it's pretty snazzy. Too bad I don't have all my cords on though- I didn't have them yet when this was taken. I have two other sets of honor cords to wear for all my various honor societies. Super nerd! 

I'll try to get better with updating (famous last words) but it's difficult when there's not too much excitement going on. I really hate to feel like I'm whining on here when I'm having side effects. I mean, I know I have a right to whine but still. I don't want to write ten blog posts about my mouth sores. Well I guess I could..

Day One: Mouth sores suck.
Day Two: I am so sick of pudding.
Day Three: Oral pain is grumpy pain.
Day Four: Stupid mouth sores. 
Day Five: I would kill for pizza. 

And so on. Not horribly exciting or witty. Unless I start writing haikus about pizza. 

All I know is after this is over I'm going to be pretty hardcore when it comes to pain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment