Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day Three: Halfway there!

We're at the halfway point with my chemo! The time is just flying by doing this outpatient. Way better than the hospital. I feel better too- hospitals suck. You never feel fully rested at a hospital.

I found a new little nerdy grumpy cat to be my friend at the clinic.


He's pretty neat. He's a bit more portable than the other grumpy cat.

Everything is going great and the side effects haven't been too bad. Starting to feel some more fatigue but really in the mornings I feel great and I could just go, go, go! I won't start feeling icky until after the chemo ends most likely so I have a two more days of feeling somewhat normal yet.

The animals have been sticking to me like glue while I've been having this chemo. They already were pretty clingy before but now it's even worse. As I write this both of them are sitting almost on top of me.

Being at home is the best healing power. I have my family, my pets, my own couch, and better food. Definitely makes more sense. My doctor said everything looks like it's working great so that's good. I'll get some blood work done tomorrow to check all my levels- the usual dealio.

My sister is coming tomorrow night so I am super excited for that! It's going to be great having her here.

The sun is not my friend. Got more sun burnt today just sitting in the car! Chemo and sunlight doesn't mix. Pro tip: while being injected with chemo hide under tons of sunblock and wear giant Sex in the City hats.

My freckles are going crazy. Look at this!


Well, guess you can't see them super well but it matches the red wig. I feel like I'm in incognito when I go out and about I look so different. 

Thanks for all the support everyone- halfway through this treatment! We're getting there day by day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment