Monday, February 9, 2015

Grumpy Cat Is Grouchy

Well, the weekend is over and that means so is my freedom from being poked by doctors.

Off to the hospital today to go to chemotherapy class at 10:30AM. Study up time- I even get to go to a class! Wonder how this will go, "Hey everyone! You have cancer and that sucks. So we are here to tell you about all the shitty things that chemo is going to do to you to make you feel better about this situation!" 

I miss my own classes. Missing all this school has been like a giant ache in my nerdy soul. That will change this week though as I will return in full force tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get on campus and have another cancer panic attack. But that's what the happy pills are for!

Grumpy cat is grouchy. Fasting makes me grumpy. And I won't even get to eat until like 3pm today. Eat all the food for me today kids. No coffee for me this morning. No Spongebob cereal. Just water. I really hate water. It just doesn't taste like anything fun and I don't like it.

The fasting is for the chemotherapy port surgery. I'm not sure it's full surgery but basically they're just going to slice into my chest and shove it in there.So close enough to surgery for fasting and knock out drugs but I get to leave right after. Outpatient is the technical word. 

So rather than getting a new IV every time I go for chemo, they can just stick their needles into that little port through my chest. I'm not sure how sold I am on the fact that this is more comfortable but we'll see. So far everyone's been lying to me about the 'bee sting' analogies.

Chemo Port!
Look at that, it's even purple! Basically the purple part is where the needle goes and the tube gets inserted into some giant vein by my neck.

So I'm pretty sure this will make me part robot now. Not like a Star Trek robot. We don't do the Trek here. But more like Darth Vader. One robot part at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay would you text or call me when able. You should still have my number. Never changed.

    ReplyDelete