Friday, February 20, 2015

Pro Tip: WATER!

Well kids, I am writing to you from the cancer clinic in Two Rivers as I sit and have a bag of fluids pumped into my system.

Moral of the story? When they say drink 8-10 cups of water- DO IT. Of course, the dizziness might just be a fun side effect I get to enjoy and not something caused by dehydration. But we'll see. My doctor seems pretty chill it's dehydration and so do the nurses. This stop in and leave chemo area is pretty nice. Dilly bars, nice view of the lake, funky little sci-fi tv that extends from the wall, and nice recliner.



So in that news we have switched my care to the Cancer Care clinic in Two Rivers. Which today's emergency doctor's visit only justified that decision even more. So from now on I will be getting my chemo done right here in Two Rivers so it will be a lot easier for people to visit me. :) And it's just easier and quicker to see my doctor this way too!

I absolutely loved my doctor at Baycare but at this point we need to be realistic about travel concerns. Especially in snowy old WI.

So far dizziness has been the biggest side effect. Was having that super fatigue until they gave me the blood cell boost shot yesterday so that went away. Hoorah for small victories because it was replaced by our lovely friend: bone pain.

That sounds like it could be a really crappy metal band. Someone in Manitowoc should probably get cracking on snagging up that band name real quick.

Seriously. Otherwise I'm going to start a cancer kid band called Bone Pain. Who's with me? I'll play the triangle. And eat Dilly bars.




No comments:

Post a Comment