Sunday, February 8, 2015

More waiting...

Nothing like having a doctor throw you a few sheets of people filled with jargon (English major, remember?) and send you out the door with a cancer diagnosis. Pro tip: go to your happy place. Mine tends to be tea, writing, humor, and awesome food.



We had a two day wait in between seeing the oncologist. The surgeon (for the sake of anonymity he will remain nameless because I refer to his chest hair and gold necklace in a poem lurking on here) helped me decide right then and there. And props to him because I love my cancer doctor. Her sense of humor matches mine and we can sarcastically battle our way through this crap. She doesn't sugar coat and she doesn't look at me with death bed eyes. Actually, the whole cancer clinic at Aurora Baycare has been fabulous so shout outs to them.

My next step in my self help of waiting?

Some kick ass music for the 40 minute ride to the hospital.


Sometimes it's the small things that help ease the panic.

But what keeps me the strongest? Stronger in every moment? Kicking more ass in every moment even at this stage when I did not know a damn thing about my cancer?

This beautiful face right here:



Meet my darling son, Adrian. He is the Force behind my Jedi powers in this Galactic battle of cancer cells. My baby keeps me strong and makes me want to kick cancer's ass. He is the love of my life and I will walk through fire to stay fit, healthy, and by his side. We got this.


No comments:

Post a Comment