Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sportin' the logo

Everyone's cancer has a color. The most well known is the PINK PINK PINK for breast cancer awareness.

Well, lymphoma is lime green.

Which personally I think is way cooler. Sorry other ladies, I like my green. I thought it would be fun to have some wacky/inappropriate/funny shirts to wear to chemotherapy. They came today and I'm already giggling at them.

Here's a preview:


Now everything about that is just fun. 

I'm getting used to the new haircut. I'm starting to wonder why I haven't cut my hair short before because oh my goodness it is convenient! I do miss my long hair though but I'm adapting well to the short hair. Just trying to think practical thoughts. 

Not big long sweeping hair thoughts. Sigh.

Any day now my hair will fall out so now we're just playing the waiting game. In The Hair Post, I detailed my feelings on that. The instant I find it coming out I will call my brother and we will buzz this shit off. Rip the band aid off. JUST DO IT.

It's harder to feel strong as the time comes. I think it is partially going to be a devastating moment. Our hair defines us in so many ways. But like I said before, I just need to remind myself that I am more than hair. We all are. We are going to make it into all these crazy shapes and designs to make it more fun. My son can participate and I think he will like that. We can do a mohawk!

In that spirit, I was able to borrow a wig from the cancer society. They didn't have the best selection (see previous wig mullet post) but I did manage to find one fun one. 


Grumpy cat is just poking in to question my redhead and pink  shirt choices. But I think this could have possibilities. I put a little hippy headband in it and that really helped pull the look together. It's a bit 70s but I think it's cute. Variety is good. 

Speaking of variety, I feel like I'm falling down a cliche cancer rabbit hole.

I bought a blender to make healthy smoothies. And now I'm considering yoga to help keep somewhat fit in between all this couch sitting and resting. 

Yoga and smoothies?!

What is this strange world?!

I do miss coffee. I miss the idea of it so much but whenever I try to drink it my entire body wants to vomit and seizure. WHY!?!

Oh well. Being healthy isn't a bad thing. But I find it rather unfair that the moment I have doctors and nutritionists telling me to stock up on calories that NOW I want fruit.

Whateves.  


No comments:

Post a Comment