Sunday, February 8, 2015

You body has now become a pincushion.

Next step in the cancer marathon includes.... well, what did you think? Some more tests!!!

My mom (my angel in all this) got a little break on this day since the tests weren't super intense (no friggen drills) and my darling Risa took me. (See party post- she's lovely.)

On the agenda? Echo heart ultrasound to check out my ticker for the chemo and a PET scan to see if they can find more cancer chilling in the body.

Echo Scan.

Here's my heart. Just in time for Valentine's day!! Wait, is cancer my Valentine's day present? My body is terrible at gift giving. We need to have a talk. Again, we have another lovely medical professional. Even though my left boob was getting felt up by a transducer- it was easy peasy. Seriously, why doesn't anyone buy me dinner before these procedures? But she really was great and told me awesome stories about how her sister beat her cancer. So that's always nice. 

Your body becomes a big piece of meat after a diagnosis like this. It's necessary but it's easier if you accept the meatiness of your body. It will be poked, prodded, drilled, kneaded, and who knows what else. I'm still in the beginning of the road.


Another bad side effect of testing: FASTING. Man, I was hungry. Pro tip: DEMAND your tests for early in the morning so you're not starving all day. I almost ate Grumpy Cat. He was looking so yummy. Mmmm kittah.

The PET scan was kinda morbid. Before they begin the scan, you have to lay in a dark room with NO stimulation for 50 minutes. Woah, what? You people just told me I have cancer and now you want me to lay in a dark room all alone? I'm working on repressing my emotions over here. 

Lucky for me, I'm a pro at repressing and I took a nap. And I didn't even eat Grumpy Cat. 

The PET scan was boring. Another hour of laying down with the threat of morbid thoughts taking over. Luckily, my pro repressing came in for the win and I fell asleep again. All I could think about before the nap was Gus from Fault In Our Stars talking about his scan lighting up like a Christmas tree and it was like my body went, "NO WOMAN- do not go there!" and it put my ass to sleep. Good job brain, that was probably smart.


I showed Adrian this picture and he thought it looked like a transformer. There is nothing better than children when times are rough. They make you feel so strong and tough. I mean seriously, it does look like a transformer! No big deal. 

The results from the PET scan and the bone marrow biopsy I will get Wednesday. On my son's birthday. So let's hope the day of his birth (the best thing to ever happen to me) will bring us some luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment