Sunday, February 8, 2015

Waiting time=party time

This is the blog post where we go over the waiting. The long, agonizing waiting for the biopsy results.

I had my biopsy done on January 29th, 2015. And I found out the results February 3rd, 2015. That is four days (not counting biopsy day and results day) of WAITING.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. Wondering. Agonizing. Freaking out.

The first step of waiting in agony is distraction. And that means shopping, crafting, playing, and just all around busy work. My mom and my son Adrian were a godsend for that. We cleaned, we shopped, we planned Adrian's birthday party, we just kept busy, busy, busy. Not that Adrian knew anything about what was happening at this point but there's nothing like a four year old that keeps you busy no matter what type of things are happening in life. My mom altogether has been my rock throughout this whole process. She bottled up her tears when needed (I was on a strict no tear policy during the waiting period), she has been my personal receptionist when it came to relaying news to the rest of the family, and she has been my foundation in all aspects. Thanks mom- you rock.

The next step to dealing with a horrible waiting period? Call up the rest of your support system and further your distraction!

My bestie Risa
This is the part where the rest of my amazing friends and family get a shout out for being there 110% for me every step of the way during this. Risa and I had some awesome food, and agonized over each possibility together. We hugged and promised each other it was going to be okay. And it will be. I love you Risa.

As for the rest of you kids, here is your shout out for helping me through the wait game because I friggen love you to pieces: Puta, Daryl, Alicia, Alyssa, Ben, and Zach! Thank you for being my rocks during the time of waiting agony.

Puta and me!
Nothing like a strip club and a gay bar to make you forget your worries. Seriously, when waiting for the possibility that someone is going to tell you that you have cancer- enjoy a weekend of fun. And some techno dancing in a wife beater in a sea of disco balls and lesbians. But make sure you have your favorite lesbian with you!

Alyssa (my favorite lesbian) and me. The picture she will kill me for posting on here.

Thank goodness for friends. I love you kids for being my rocks, my shoulders, and my much needed outlet for sarcastic and highly inappropriate humor during this shitty ass time. Love ya all! When you're a mom, you have to hide these fears from your children, at least at first. I couldn't bring this shitty worry into my household and cause my adorable four year old boy stress. I had to bottle it up, put on my strong face, and just hope it was useless worry. My friends were my outlet for releasing everything I was hiding at home while I put on my strong mom face.

Tumor Solidarity Tattoo Mockup

Oh, and do you guys all remember agreeing to those tumor solidarity tattoos? Because I do. And so does this freaky Sesame Street character. Come on guys, you can't say no to me now! (Maybe we need a better artist to draw this)

And if there was anyone I didn't mention by name, you have a blog post coming up. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment