Friday, February 13, 2015

Vacay Time

All checked in to chemotherapy and I must say things are pretty posh. Big flat screen TV with DVD player, nice comfy bed that I decked out with my own fuzzy blanket and pillow. Did some mild decorating and made things look a little more impressive.

Decorative scarf to cover up the ugly picture.

Cuteness and further inspiration. Notice Adrian's bubblegum!

Feminist inspiration

.The nurses were very impressed with my decorating on the fly abilities. They're just lucky I didn't bring any vases and wreaths. I was pretty close.

So far not much action except being pumped with some fluids. They hooked up my port to the IV and that was literally no big deal. The most painful part was the alcohol swab. And after that- easy peasy. I really feel like a robot now with all the extra cords, wires, and machines.

Mmm tube
Yeah, the port is no big deal now. Actually is a lot easier so now I'm seeing the logic (fine, fine) of using this instead of poking my arm veins.

So far no chemo drugs, just pumping me full of fluids and letting me sit back and relaaaaax. So yeah, no worries about me kids. This is like a mini vacation for now. They even gave me really, really ugly crunchy feeling slipper socks. So yes, everything the self help cancer books say about bringing all your home comforts is legit advice. Do it. Decorate your room, bring your fuzzy blanket, and all your DVDs. It might have taken a few trips to bring in all my goods but it was worth it. Here are the beautiful free socks:



I'll be here with my computer and Buffy the Vampire Slayer if anyone needs me... Updates to follow later. So far, so good! Will start the first round of chemo drugs in about an hour or so. So no big news yet. Love ya all. 




4 comments: