Monday, March 9, 2015

Day Five: Almost finished!!

Good morning my fellow blog readers! Today is an excellent today because it is THE LAST DAY OF MY CHEMO! Wooohooo! Tomorrow I am done and this is over with for another 20 days. Thank gawd. It is not in my genetic makeup to sit still every day for five days straight. So here's to (almost) freedom! And what a beautiful day it looks like it's going to be!


The weather is so wonderful outside just in time for my freedom! I hope the side effects this time aren't too brutal so I can enjoy the nice weather. I'm dying to be outside- I have spring fever in the worst way. This time we're taking a preventive measure and getting pumped full of fluids before I get dehydrated so hopefully that will make a BIG difference in how I feel this time around. So Wednesday I will go in and get a big ole bag of fluids. Let's hope that this recovery isn't too shabby due to that. 

Today the side effects are quite minimal so far. I slept like a baby (thanks to some sleep aids) and didn't have any of those weird hot/cold chills during the night. Definitely makes for a refreshed morning and a good mood. 

But who wouldn't be in a good mood to have another treatment cycle almost complete? Just 5 or 6 (I really need to ask because I'm not even sure) to go!!! I can't wait to put this all behind me. But it's a long road yet and I shouldn't get too ahead of myself. 

I was feeling decent yesterday as well so I was able to get unhooked from my pump and wander around for a little bit. Adrian and I were playing Jedi. 


I am the cancer killing Jedi. I should have brought my sword with me. Too bad this came out blurry- I'm using the Force to levitate that boat.

Can you tell I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom yet? I've done almost all my homework except a few assignments but I find it hard to concentrate here. My mind is just so edgy and restless.

So I guess I will just have to keep writing blog posts.

I notice it's way easier to have higher spirits at the tail end of the treatment cycle than beforehand. The first two days I was in here I was a super depressed panda. I might have to look ahead next time and find some way to prevent that. Either line up visitors round the clock or just try to remind myself to have a positive outlook.

One thing I've noticed about this chemotherapy is the crazy bloodhound nose. You would think all these cell killing chemicals would hurt my sense of smell but they enhance it! I can smell EVERYTHING. I'm especially sensitive to perfume or cologne. It makes me sick to my stomach. I can smell every single scent any of the nurses wear- even from the hallway. It's crazy. 

For some reason my perfume doesn't bother me but maybe that's because my nose is accustomed to it? Everyone else's makes me sick though- no idea why. I have to hold my breath every time a nurse comes in wearing perfume to check my vitals.

Well that's all for now. I'm feeling pretty bouncy (GET ME OUT OF HERE!) this morning so maybe I'll have more shenanigans for later. I'm going to get up, start my day, and run around my little chemo prison until I get some visitors. 

Can't wait for my number one guy to come visit me after 4K, of course. :)

Adrian with the puppy I bought him from the gift shop

No comments:

Post a Comment