Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

I'm not wearing green just for my Irish awesomeness but green for lymphoma awareness. So I have two things to wear green for today! 

Today was a decent day- those fluids really helped me yesterday! I think I need to make that a twice a week thing- I'm going to get more on Thursday. The nurses at the clinic say that I should go for it so I'm going to. I need to find something to drink that I can drink all day long. Water isn't working. Gatorade isn't working. Any suggestions kids? I'm trying tea now and that's not so bad. Or maybe I should try Kool-Aid haha. 

I got my short wig that I ordered at the Look Good, Feel Good class this week! Had it all trimmed up today at Salon 708 (Thanks, Michelle!) and it's looking pretty snazzy. I'm impressed that it's so cute. It's from the American Cancer Society TLC catalog and they tend to cater to older women. And it was dirt cheap. It's not as great of quality as my nice long haired wig but it looks decent enough for me. Trying to look at the upside of having no hair- I can wear different wigs all the time and have different hair styles!

I had another good day today which was amazing. To have two good days in a row is just brilliant. Having cancer makes you really appreciate life in a whole new light. Something as small as going to the park becomes on par with Disneyland. Being able to put on your makeup without taking breaks in between foundation, eyeliner, and eye shadow feels like you completed a marathon. Being able to drive (usually it takes me a day or two after chemo before I'm up for it) feels like you're being handed the keys of freedom. Every little thing becomes significantly more precious. The smile on my son's face. The rays of sun coming through the clouds. The smell of flowers on my kitchen table. The beauty I see every day in everyone's caring and supporting actions. 

Life is beautiful and it is precious. We only get one shot at it and we should make it count. At any second something could happen to change everything. You could get hit by a bus. You could get in a car accident. Your plane could crash. You could have a heart attack. 

You could get cancer.

So my cheesy corny (real cheddar, baby) piece of advice: enjoy your life. Every moment is precious when you're healthy. Don't ever take it for granted. I know I won't when this is all said and done. After I kick this cancer's ass (yes!) I will live every day to the fullest and appreciate my time on this earth. 

It's not like I didn't before. I really did enjoy my life. But I was completely oblivious to my own mortality. And let's face it. When you're young that is completely normal.

But just because you're young doesn't mean that you're immortal. 

Enjoy the sunshine loves. 

1 comment:

  1. Make sure your tea is Decaf. Otherwise you will defeat the purpose of drinking fluids. I drink iced tea all day long with lemon. I'm addicted to tea.

    ReplyDelete