Monday, March 16, 2015

Dehydration: my big whoops.

Okay, I know, I know. I need to drink fluids. It's really, really hard to keep that up. I'm back at the cancer clinic today again getting pumped full of fluids. I was feeling like junk all weekend and since I was here for blood work I figured, why not? Well, good thing. My pulse was high which usually means dehydration. 

I'm trying kids. I really am. I have a water bottler with me nonstop. I've been having horrible mouth sores the past two days and I know that doesn't help. Mouth sores are just as horrible as they sound. Imagine someone taking sandpaper to the sides of your tongue and then you're left with the result. That's what it feels like. 

One more thing damaging the love of food. i could barely eat anything yesterday until I discovered popsicles. Then I ate like three of them. Popsicles rock. 

Today is a better day than yesterday though. Yesterday was rough. Between the mouth stores and the bone pain I was a wreck most of the day. Today is better- the mouth sores feel like they're settling down and are not as painful. 

And check out my awesome free scarf from the Good Wishes foundation! I love it- very snazzy and comfortable. It's good for keeping in my purse to do the swap for the wig when I come for my fluids.


Chemotherapy is just an ironic thing. It's saving your life but it's making you go through hell to do it. Why don't we have a better solution yet? (Big question)

I'm sorry guys if my blog posts have been short and not as daily but this second round of chemo has been a ball buster so I'm just trying to hang in there. Each day gets a little better and today isn't too bad of a day. I'd say it's half good and half bad. After the fluids I'm determined to get out of the house and try to do something somewhat fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment