Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Second round of chemo complete!

Well it's official, my second round of chemotherapy is complete!!

Wooooooooohooooooooo! Kill that tumor! Let's hope the side effects aren't too brutal this time around during recovery! It's a good morning!


Well, not altogether fabulous because I feel a little dizzy and shitty but hoping that improves throughout the day. I always feel best in the mornings though so guess I better not count on it. 

Met with my doctor during my treatment yesterday and he said that I only should have FOUR treatments left after this one! ONLY FOUR! I think my counting was off or his counting was off or something was off that I was thinking 5-6. So I should be done with treatments by June and then they will start the PET scan and if that's in the clear- they'll remove my port and I can move on with my life!

So just hoping with all my heart that this all goes to plan and we don't have any scary surprises. But that just put me over the moon. That made this grumpy cat into a happy cat:


Happy happy grumpy cat! I just have to remind myself to calm down and not get ahead of myself. Three-four months of treatment is still a long, long time. But it's so nice to know my doctor is so confident that the light at the end of the tunnel has a date and a time. Apparently my chemo regimen is designed after some famous cancer study by some oncologist he got to meet at his conference this weekend. Woohoo, famous cancer treatment. Hey, as long as it works I don't care where it's been published! 

Just have to stay optimistic. Four months isn't that long when you think of your lifetime. That's a small piece of cake. Very small. Barely a sliver. I can go do this. I can get through this. I can kick this cancer's ass that has dared to infringe on my family and my life. 

Tomorrow I go into the clinic for my white blood cell 'boost shot' and some preventative fluids. I'll be anxious to see if getting the fluids ahead of time prevents all the dizziness and dehydration I had last time. 

The weather is beautiful outside and I just hope that I will be able to enjoy it (from under my five pounds of sunscreen and a sun hat- chemo makes your skin not sun friendly) for a little while this week. I'm hoping and hoping that I feel up to taking Adrian to the St. Patrick's Day parade on Friday. I hope I feel up to it!! We missed it the past two years because of the bad weather!

That's all for now folks, I'm going to try to spend the day resting and not overdoing it. Tomorrow we get more shots and fluids and then no more doctors until my next appointment when they do the chest x-ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment