Monday, March 23, 2015

X-Ray Day!

Pretty much spent all day at the doctor today. Had my blood work and x-ray this morning and then my results appointment! My blood work is looking good and my white blood cells are back up to a normal range. 


I must admit I was totally all over the place nervous about this x-ray. Just having it done and waiting for the results brought back 'waiting' jitters from all the results we waited for before treatment. I'm sure that's typical- that waiting period sucks. Your brain goes in a million different directions! And especially since the first two 'waiting' periods were followed with 'tumor' and then 'cancer' it's hard not to be a little shaky.

But the good news is...... (drumroll)


THE TUMOR DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP ON THE X-RAY!

Where is that little bastard? You can't even see it!! My doctor pretty much (but nothing is ever 'for sure') confirmed for me that I will be in that 97% cure rate. YAHOOOO! So all this chemo and hell has been worth it! My treatment is working great!!!

He said there are likely cancer cells/tumor ickiness remaining but an x-ray is not as detailed as a CT scan. We'll do a CT scan after the fourth treatment to get a better look at things. But so far, so good! I'm sure not complaining. So we'll continue the treatment as planned.

Since I like to take pictures- here's a nice before and after shot:


The one on the left is the one from today and the one on the right is the initial x-ray done at my primary doctor's office that started this whole adventure.

If you look closely- that shadow of stuff on the right is my heart and junk. The x-ray on the right has more stuff hanging around on the top. That's where the tumor was/is. 

Pretty spiffy. So it was a good results day! I'll just be happy when it's all completely over with (chemo sucks) but this is great news. 

So yes, things are going well and I will be JUST FINE. :)

Just in time to start my next treatment on Wednesday which I am DREADING. I decided to try crocheting to pass the time. We'll see if this works or if I just end up wacking someone with a crochet hook. I'll keep ya all posted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment