Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fluid Recharge 2x


     

Well, this is the first day I've felt suuuuuper shitty since this chemo round. Had a general appointment with the doctor and some blood work today so we decided to add some fluids to help perk me up. 

One thing I'm learning as I go through this: fluids are like your uppers. 

Get them. All the time. Get those fluids! It's like coffee for cancer patients. 

The dizziness today is huge. I feel like I'm floating but it's not a good floating. It's like you're in a yellow raft in the middle of the ocean. The ocean isn't made of water but pudding. So it's not a seasickness but a slow, gurgly wave. And this isn't an ocean filled with good pudding but a sucky one. Like that nasty Tapioca pudding that no one wants that's always left behind at the grocery store. 

Did that make sense? I don't know- probably not. I notice my optimism tends to be tied to how I'm feeling. Days that I feel like junk I tend to get more bummed out. But this cancer clinic is great- they've got me wrapped up in hot blankets and I'm pretty cozy. They even offered me soup! 

The nurses here are seriously wonderful. I always feel so taken care of when I'm here. It's hard for me to let people take care of me but here I find it easy to just lay back and let them do their thing. 

This will be a short blog post today since I'm feeling so junky. Let's hope tomorrow we have better luck and I'm feeling good enough to take Adrian to the St. Patty's Day parade! I want to take him soooo bad so I hope my body cooperates! Come on body, we got this! Recharge and feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment