Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day One: Rocky start but smooth sailing now

Day one of chemotherapy went off to a rocky start. Unfortunately had to deal with a super grumpy nurse. This is how I feel about grumpy nurses:

I'll match your grumpy all the way.
I'll spare the details but it was not a pleasant experience. One thing I'm learning as I go along this process: this is YOUR body and YOU call the shots. Don't let anyone push you around or let yourself be intimidated. You are your ultimate decision maker.

But that's all over and dealt with so I'm just enjoying some TV and my awesome lake view. All the nurses I have now are super sweet. I tried to spice up my chemo space and think I succeeded. It looks very chic around here. I need pleasant scenery while I'm having all this poison injected into my chest veins.

Duh
Varying levels of encouragement

 
This is my Adrian inspiration. 

So the area is looking way better than it did before. It's nice to have some pretty things around to keep the spirits up. I mentioned in the previous post how much that helped and it really does add some spirit to the room.

So far the chemotherapy is going well. No allergic reaction to the first drug (Rituxan) like I had the first time so that's pretty sweet. Just feeling very tired but that's probably because they doped me up with Benadryl just in case and hooked me up with a massage. The Rituxan is a jerk- it's the one that causes a lot of the tummy side effects. But it's telling the tumor cells to stop growing so we still like it.

Isn't my view awesome?



That is a gorgeous view. A small bonus. I'm bored already so I hope the rest of the day goes smoother. I might have to go do some laps with my IV thing. But I am loving being closer to home. The hospital isn't as nice as Baycare and doesn't have as many plush perks but it'll do. It's worth it so I can see this little face multiple times throughout the day: 


So far, so good. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm going to try to rest now and take a nice nap! Chemo makes me sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. We paid $100 a night for a view of Lake Michigan. So enjoy your stay and we hope that the rest of your days there are smooth sailing. At least, being local you can have friends and family stop by and not have to make that long drive to Green Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous view! It helps keep my spirits up!

      Delete