Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day Four: Sunshine and feeling good!

Hey kids, today is going much better. Yesterday was pure hell and today I woke up feeling refreshed and much more like myself. Which makes sitting here getting my chemo even more torture while the sun is shining outside. My view is gorgeous though. I mean look at this!


That is a gorgeous view. Trying to stay positive- at least I have that to look at while I'm sitting here getting pumped full of deadly chemicals. All the nurses have been really sweet so far so that's been lovely. Been having lots of visitors so switching to be closer to Manitowoc was a great decision. I think if I was up in GB I'd be going crazy. As it is I'm scaling the walls today. I want this treatment to be over with soooo bad. Trying to work on some homework today and get ahead of the game but I can't concentrate. So figured I would ramble along on here.

Since I was feeling a little more like myself felt like a sword selfie was in order.


Kicking some cancer ass! That is what I have to keep in mind as I'm dealing with all this side effects- the chemo is killing that tumor and that's what we want. It's just some small term suffering in the greater scheme of things. Today my outlook is much better where the past few days I was feeling a bit depressed. It's hard not to miss my life- my jobs, going up to campus, my hair, the way things were before this diagnosis. But I'm sure that's normal. Who wouldn't want to rewind until before they received such horrible news? But the bigger picture is to battle through and get through this so I can go on with my life. I can't let this ruin my dreams and ambitions. I am stronger than this cancer. 

Adrian has been such a doll when he comes to visits. He doesn't want to leave momma's side for a second. It was great having him with me yesterday when I was feeling so junky- he makes me feel so much better. He likes taking my IV for a walk around the halls. 


I know this is like the saddest picture ever in so many ways. But it's also such a sweet picture because it shows my lovely little boy taking care of his momma. He likes to pull my IV along- I think it makes him feel better that he's helping me. This has been so hard on everyone but it won't be forever! I will beat this and things will return to normal.

So not much else new to report- side effects are settling down today. No appetite at all which sucks but hoping that improves. I was able to choke down some breakfast and I'm going to attempt the same with lunch. Risa brought me some amazing looking cupcakes so I'm going to try to nibble on one of those- they look too delicious to resist so I'm going to try!

Just two more days to go!! Over halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment