Saturday, March 21, 2015

Today was a beautiful day!

Sorry for the lax updating kids. I had one badish day (yesterday) that was followed by a pretty awesome day today so that doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging.

Today was an exciting day. My sweet coworker, Emileigh, from UW-Manitowoc offered to do pictures of Adrian and I. They turned out really beautiful. Here are a few of them:




Thank you Emileigh for such beautiful pictures. It was especially nice to dress up and feel like my normal diva self and do something fun. And that wig really is awesome. It looks better than my real hair did! The pictures are fabulous- I'm so happy with them. She does great work- check out her facebook page!

The pictures are so sweet. They really capture how close Adrian and I are bonded to each other. They will be nice to look through when I'm in chemo this week. Can't believe it's already almost chemo time again. Go figure- right when I have a really good day like today and it's almost time to start feeling like junk again. 

But after this treatment we are half way there! And Monday we do the chest x-ray so that will be good. I can't help but be nervous for that. I know that logically my treatment plan is awesome- it's actually the result of some famous study by some well known oncologist. Ooo, scholarly. It's hard not to worry though. It's hard not to have that dark 'what if this isn't working?' thoughts. But we know it is. Have to stay strong! Having tests done is nerve wracking. I'm sure I'll be a wreck for that final PET scan. That whole 'hey go sit in the dark for an hour' beforehand doesn't help the stress level for those tests. But that's a ways down the road.

Yesterday we had a full day of errands to run so we were busy bees. But sadly, I started having all those weird dizzy issues towards the end of our shopping trip where I immediately have to sit down. That's sure inconvenient when you're out and about. Seriously inconvenient. There's not always a chair. You're in the middle of a store trying to hunt down toilet paper. It sucks. That's probably the side effect I hate the most. So at the coaxing of my mother to not be embarrassed I gave in and agreed to use the motorized scooter. 

And of course, yet again we had the stares. But even worse than that- right when I got on the scooter, some lady from the service desk in Shopko (the one in GB) came over and questioned me using the scooter. After informing her of my cancer, she didn't even look abashed but continued to eye me critically like I was some hooligan stealing the scooter for some shenanigans. 

Hey, I've had plenty of shenanigans in my life but seriously lady, I really needed that scooter.

Thanks for the embarrassment, Shopko service desk lady in Green Bay. That was just peachy.

I know I've said this before but I really wish people wouldn't judge without knowing the whole story. Sure, when I slap on some makeup to cover the dark circles under my eyes, put some jeans on, and cover my bald head with a wig I look pretty healthy. Doesn't mean that's the case. Oi vey.

But for every person that treats me in this manner there are ten times as many that are showing me tons of support and love. <3

Don't let the meanies get ya down.

That's all for now kids, love ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment