Thursday, March 19, 2015

The usual fluid post with some extra rants.

Ah, fluids. A nice little pick me up before the weekend so I'm feeling good. I love the Cancer Clinic in Two Rivers- they are just lovely. I always feel so relaxed and well taken care of when I'm getting fluids. And I have a shamrock shake!


                                     

I'm on spring break right now from school! I feel like I should be on a beach somewhere enjoying it. But if I think about it I've spent every spring break working anyways so really this is like a vacation. 

Next week we have some big things happening! Chext x-ray on Monday and we get the results on Tuesday! I've managed to connect with some non-hodgkins lymphompa survivors on the internet and many people said they saw their tumor shrink by a TON after their first two chemo treatments. So I am really stoked to see the progress. After the fourth chemo treatment (I just finished the second round) we will do a CAT scan to get a closer look. Next chemo treatment starts next week and after that we're half way there! 

They gave me my blood count report while I was here and it's looking a lot better so that's great. I don't have to be so paranoid if I go out in public this weekend. The germs! The germs!

Now there is something really ugly I want to address. I know I'm sharing quite a bit with the world on this blog about my cancer but I do keep other aspects of my life private.

So I won't give every gory detail about this. 

When something as horrible as cancer happens to you: you think that those that have hurt you in your life and that would try to do battle with you would back off in face of such a horrible thing. Cancer sucks. It's horrible and even though I will be FINE- it's not an easy road. I've lost my hair, I have to get my chest stabbed with a needle all the time, I live at the doctor's office, I have other icky side effects, and my whole life is on hold while I battle this disease. 

But some people just want to kick you while you're down. They want to take some joy out of your misery by seeing your illness as an oppourtunity to attempt to exercise their control issues.

Well, one thing you learn when you have cancer: everything else becomes a whole less intimidating. Nothing is more scary than cancer.

So even if someone is trying to kick while you're down you know that they don't stand a chance.

I mean really, what are horrible and evil people compared to cancer? Nothing is worse than cancer.

One good thing that cancer does is give you such a confidence about other troubles and stresses in life. No matter what you face it won't be as bad as cancer.

I'm beating this cancer and I can beat anything else life throws at me. 

This is the part where we play a cheesy Destiny Child's song. I don't know what is with me and the 90's music lately. Let's all just listen to boy bands and get along.

Honestly, aside from the cancer everything else is really going great. Adrian is excelling in school, I'm doing great in my classes, my cat is happy, and things are looking bright for the future. Just have to get over this speed bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment